Disclaimer : I am not writing these to give out advices, just sharing some tips that we used on our own dog!1) Petlifz Oral Gel : This is a gel form apply on the teeth direct, helps to remove plague and it has successfully lighten some of the stain on his teeth. It is so good I want to get the HUMAN's version!
2) Opticlear Eye wash : His eyes were infected a month ago, and keep having these yellowish discharge and YQ patiently washes with this Eyewash and warm wet cloth for a week till Toto recover. And now if we see Toto pawing his eye, we try to wash it out.
3) Epi-Optic ear wash : Saviour for his SMELLY ear. When his ear smell, his whole head SMELL! Why do we go pay $$$ when we can easily do it ourselves! It is easy but usually YQ will do all that, I always scare that I will hurt Toto!
4) Pet Dental : Yeah we brush him! Oh sometime Toto's mouth stink with this rotten fishy smell, we realised it is the smell of BLOOD. And usually it happen during teeth period. We were frantically searching online regarding this, and almost wants to bring him to a Vet dentist. But now we know better to let him OVER CHEW, usually if we see him chewing frantically, we will remove his chew toy and let him play with a ICE to help numb the pain, and also remove the bloody fishy smell. Simple solution but well who knows huh ...
5) Bragg Organic Apple cider Vinegar : We use this to prevent fleas and ticks' infestation and also to neutralised Toto smelly peepee! He has been drinking this since the day we bring him into our home. And, usually we add it to the first bowl of Toto daily water! It has ALOT more 'benefits', read it up; from ehow.com and earthclinic.com. Please do your own research and read up more, if you want to feed your dog.
6) Organic Flaxseed meal : Initially we have wanted to get "Seameal Powder with Flaxseed Meal" but it is EXPENSIVE, and flaxseed meal is one of the main ingredient in that supplement for dog! PLUS Flaxseed meal is usually one of the ingredient in dog food kibbles, so we think there is nothing wrong to ADD more to his kibbles to increase his fibre intake so that Toto POOP better and help with his anal gland problem! We add 1 or 2 tsp to his kibbles daily. Getting a HUMAN grade flaxseed is so much cheaper, WTH!?
8) Organic Greek Yogurt : Why Greek? Non added sugar, all natural. We hope that this can improve his digestion system, so he can POOP better!! Healthy Hard POOP is very important because it will help express out his anal gland sac naturally. AND that really SMELL bad, it SMELL like dead fish in the butt ....
From wiki: Dog feces are normally firm, and the anal glands usually empty when the dog defecates, lubricating the anal opening in the process. When the dog's stools are soft they may not exert enough pressure on the glands, which then may fail to empty. This may cause discomfort as the full anal gland pushes on the anus. The glands can be emptied by the dog's keeper, or more typically by a groomer or veterinarian, by squeezing the gland so the contents are released through the small openings on either side of the anus. Discomfort is evidenced by the dog dragging its posterior on the ground, licking or biting at the anus, sitting uncomfortably, having difficulty sitting or standing, or chasing its tail.
8) Mar stripping knife, pumice stone and a comb - The three MOST USED grooming tools for Toto! Oh and also with my BIG FAT THUMB! I wonder when YQ is bringing him to a Professional, I just trimmed Toto's ear too! One 2 hr session of handstripping will cost us USD75.00!! But we won't know how PROFESSIONAL is the groomer until we take the risk! We are so paranoid that we will bring him IN a Westie and Out he come as a Schnauzer!
There are MORE EQUIPMENT that we own but I will post them up again :), or maybe I can also post up some useless stuffs that we brought by no chance to use!