Sunday, December 22, 2013

So much anger in Singapore, I wonder why?

Met some really weird, angry old folks AGAIN!
We were as usual walking TOto on our usual route.

These old folks maybe in their mid 50s, walk pass us right NEXT to me and they were CLOSE real close and TOto is already on short leash tighten. TOto usually ignore MOST PEOPLE on the walk. The man didn't see TOto at first but when he see, he JUMPS. BUT because of the man reaction, TOto turns to 'SNIFF'. 

NO GROWL, no interest, just turn his head! And the MAN JUMP up and gives this VERY DISGUSTED reaction together with the WIFE! You know the kind of reaction people gives when you bring out your precious handicapped kid, and maybe the kid sort of accidentally 'disturbed' them? YA that type of disgusted reaction by BOTH of them ...

I am pissed but I stayed calm. I turn around and told them nicely saying, "My dog is OK, he doesn't bite. You guys don't have to give this type of reaction." And this become a shouting MATCH for these old folks. We were like verbally abused. I was yet in SHOCKED again! They say TOto were ON THE LOOSE 乱乱走, we cannot control them, yadda yadda ... 

HE WAS ON A LEASH, and that is a PUBLIC pavement! 

The whole time they are shouting and hurling abuse at us, TOto is not even growling or barking at them; he just wants to leave! The MAD DOGS barking are actually these 2 old folks, and I wonder if they can see themselves. I wished I had just videoed the whole thing and STOMP it!

THEY ARE JUST ANGRY PEOPLE!
Why are Singporean elderly so UNREASONABLE and ANGRY?
(Not my first time encountering such people!)
That is the reason why people don't respect the elders anymore! Anything they are not happy or 看不过去 they cannot reason it out like a respected adult. First reaction is to be angry, starts to 'niam niam niam', gives faces and/or SHOUT? 

Can't a person be nice about asking for a seat? Be nice about asking for help? Be nice and considerate on the road? Even if I am WRONG, he can nicely tell me off, and I CAN APOLOGISE for it. No big deal, not the first time I apologizes if TOto accidentally 'disturb' someone on the road. 

This will be the reason why I want to leave again.
People is very angry here ...

1 comment:

  1. Talk about lack of holiday spirit!
    I'm so sorry to hear you guys had to go through that:(
    It sounds like they were being completely unreasonable and downright rude.
    We have better luck here in Korea. The elderly seem to be too afraid of Kip to come near us or say anything to us. There aren't very many large sized dogs in Korea (at least in the city), so Kip is considered to be quite big here.

    ReplyDelete