2013 AUGUST 08 - We decide to CONVERT TOto to RAW DIET, and as of now for about 3 months, we hasn't had any ANAL GLAND leaking issue (touchwood).
After months of experimenting when we start having this problem, we find out that the BEST solution to ANAL Gland or Sac problem.
- Identify the problem.
- Do not try to help your dog in expressing the anal gland. But hubby sometime did try to help by massaging externally hoping it would help it release the anal gland/sac fluid.
- Remind your dog groomers, 'DO NOT help express anal gland!'
- Get better quality food, low quality food that are not digested well, will only caused soft poop, ultimately leading to the problem.
- Reduce food intake, overeating also caused undigested food so ...
- Toto pooped twice a day, sometimes we just let him Poop once to have harder poop.
Haha and in the evening, he will give us HARD HARD POOP!